- Private and confidential
- Preserves family relationships
- Less/no time in court
- You decide the outcome
- Informed decisions – Financial, Family, and Legal
- Agreements you can rely upon
Divorce Options Workshop
Discover Your Divorce Options in Orange County
If you are facing divorce or separation, you have many questions. Get answers at a Divorce Options Workshop for Orange County residents.
What is a Divorce Options Workshop?
- Informative workshops held online interactive presentation using Zoom
- Learn about the different divorce processes
- A community service offered by Collaborative Divorce Solutions of Orange County
Upcoming Divorce Options Workshops in Orange County
See below for the upcoming Divorce Options Workshops in Orange County.
What You Need To Know About Divorce
Hear about the advantages and disadvantages of self-representation, mediation, collaborative practice, and litigation. Understand the legal, financial, psychological, and social issues of divorce.
Topics covered include:
- community and separate property
- spousal support and child support
- child custody and the impact of divorce on children
Learn from experts who have guided others through divorce.
All attendees will receive a free comprehensive Divorce Options Workshop Guide that includes everything from the workshop plus much more.
Multiple Opportunities to Attend a Workshop
September 9, 9:00-12:00 pm
October 7, 9:00-12:00 pm
November 4, 9:00-12:00 pm
December 2, 9:00-12:00 pm
An informational seminar open to those who want to learn more about the process of divorce or domestic partnership dissolution, with or without children
About the Divorce Options Workshop™
The Divorce Options program presents an opportunity for the public to learn about their choices and the resources available for a divorce process respecting the needs and interests of all family members. Led by a family law attorney, financial specialist, and mental health professional who are members of Collaborative Divorce Solutions of Orange County, the workshop will cover the full range of choices couples have as they contemplate divorce, focusing on the non-adversarial, out-of-court options. Divorce is difficult and stressful even under the best of circumstances. It can be especially hard if you have children or economic difficulties. Divorce affects people from all walks of life, and no two situations are alike.
Divorce Options provides unbiased information about self-representation, mediation, Collaborative Divorce, and litigated divorce. The workshop deals with the legal, financial, family and personal issues of divorce in an informational and compassionate small group setting.
Divorce Options will help you to understand and manage the divorce process in a way that best meets the needs of you, your spouse, and your family. You can explore your choices and make informed decisions about which type of divorce process will work best for you.
Best of all, the Divorce Options workshop will help you take control of your divorce and move forward with your life in a healthy and respectful way.
There is NO solicitation of business or legal representation at a Divorce Options Orange County workshop.
Who Should Attend Divorce Options?
Divorce Options workshops are open to all individuals and couples contemplating separation or divorce.
- Married or domestic partners
- Same or opposite gender
- With or without children
- Professionals whose clients experience divorce
Topics Covered at a Divorce Options Workshop
Divorce Options provides you with up-to-date, unbiased information about:
- Litigation, mediation and collaboration – the risks and the benefits of each process
- Legal, financial, psychological and social issues of divorce
- How to talk about divorce with your children – no matter their age
- Managing your emotions and changing family relationships
Learn about the legal process with answers to these questions:
- Can we get divorced without going to court?
- What happens if we go to court?
- How long does it take to get divorced?
- How much do divorces cost?
- What should you do to start getting divorced?
- What community resources are available?
Get information to help you make decisions about:
- Division of property
- Spousal support (alimony)
- Legal and physical child custody
- Child support
- Financial consequences of divorce
The Orange County Divorce Options program is useful to anyone thinking about divorce or other relationship transitions including co-habitating couples with children or LGBT couples looking for a process aware and respectful of their unique needs.
By learning about divorce and the different process options available you can maximize your ability to make good decisions during the difficult and challenging time.
Divorce Options workshops are designed to help couples take the next step, no matter where they are in the process. It identifies strategies to help you stay out of court, and helps you identify the social, emotional, legal, and financial issues that are most pressing for you.
Becoming more knowledgeable about your choices can go a long way to ease the anxiety about your divorce, and enables you to take control of your future.